Monday, January 6, 2014

Mocktail 2014


For the last 5 years we have been going to this party called "Mocktail". They have a theme every year and this year it was "Haute Couture". It was not an easy dress up theme. I worried about it for so long and then just decided to stop worrying and just go and have fun, who cares what I was wearing. Well my friend Audrey came by and asked if I was interested in renting a dress from her cousin. I said sure, it couldn't hurt to look. So we went that night (Thursday, the dance was Saturday). We tried on lots of dresses! It was tons of fun! Reminded me of high school and shopping for dresses. {{insert an: Awww. Good times}}. I found my dress! It was crazy and so fun! Which is how I love to dress when I go to this. As you can see in the picture below it was a peacock dress and I loved it! It was so fun to wear and to dance in. I had a headpiece made of feathers. All night it would hit Mike in the face when we were dancing. We went out to dinner with a bunch of friends. It was so fun to be dressed up and go out. Yes, there were looks but that's the fun in it as well. People ask questions and you get to tell them what you are doing. They are usually very sweet and compliment us on having fun together. This is Mike's favorite night of the year. He looks forward to this night more than I do. He keeps tabs on the blog and let's me know what to plan on. His goal every year is to make it on the blog, well the first picture to be exact! :) He is such a crack up! I love going to this dance every year, and my dance partner is the best part!







No comments:

Post a Comment